ICENECDEV (International Center for Environmental Educcation & Community Development) was established in 2005, with registration number: 43/G.37/D.14/1/ VOL.BAPP/ in accordance of law Number. 90/53 of December 1990 under article 7 relating to the formation, governing and functioning of association in Cameroon.
ICENECDEV is a resource- based organization. ICENECDEV works with a team of resource persons ,consultants and volunteers to address key Environmental issues related to social and Economic aspects of global, national and local concerns which affects lives, livelihoods and communities in Cameroon and African countries.
ICENECDEV uses Environmental Education as an approach to share information, create awareness and address issues of global, national and local concern: climate change, Biodiversity conservation, marine litter, water and waste management, Air Quality monitoring, food security, land degradation and disaster risk reduction .
ICENECDEV enforce and push conventions, Environmental legal instruments and mechanism ratified by Government of Cameroon and African Countries into national plan of action, development programmes which are translated into local actions and contributing to the attainment of the Sustainable Development Goals(SDGs)
To Protect our planet and improve the well being of its People
Empowering people to protect the environment
- To promote environmental governance and education
- To promote infrastructural development in rural communities
- To alleviate poverty in rural communities
- To promote the conservation of biodiversity in local communities
- To promote sustainable livelihood through income generation activities in rural communities
- To promote human development capital
- To protect communities from environmental hazards.
- Education & Sensitization
- Advocacy & Lobbying
- Field Research & Capacity Building.