ICENECDEV focuses on participatory cooperation, with broad-based stakeholder involvement and consultations in information gathering, project planning , implementation and evaluation. This has led to long last impact in schools, prison and local communities in Cameroon.
Our programmes have had the following impact on our target communities and environment.
- Strengthened institution capacity of more 100 community leaders and stakeholders on forest conservation practices(Agroforestry,Bee Keeping, Ecotorism, Fuel Efficient stoves production) in Cameroon
- Trained more than 200 teachers/instructors on forest conservation practices(Agroforestry,Bee Keeping, Ecotuorism, Fuel Efficient stoves production) in Cameroon
- Established an environmental education school network.
- Installed 15 Fuel efficient Stove on Mount Cameroon to reduce deforestation
- Established a community library with more than 2,000 text books, journals and magazines along the university street of Buea.
- Raise awareness of more than 2,000 pupils/students on conservation education of forest, elephants and chimpanzee etc.
- Established 2, 3,000 litres water tank in Buea Central Prison and Juvenile Correction Centre (Borstal Institute) regulating inadequate water supply
- Increase in agricultural productivity and household income among 2,000 rural farmers
- 5,000 youths empowered on enviornmental education in schools and local communities .
- Increase food supply of 768 inmates,juveniles through regular seed donation of food crops to Buea central Prison and Juvenile correction centre.
- Increase the literacy level of 60 inmates/juveniles/students through community library programmes
- Trained more than 70 inmates in the Buea central prison on Tailoring, capentary and barbing